Alternative Resolution: Solving Issues Outside of Court
Interested in solving an issue outside of court? Why not resolve things more directly and amicably? Going through formal court processes is time-consuming, expensive, and invasive. Alternative resolution of issues outside of court is faster, cheaper, and more private. Most importantly, solving issues outside of court generally leads to unique solutions to problems, specifically addressing your needs and your preferences.
Mediation is a process designed and intended to help find mutually agreeable solutions to your unique issues. By focusing on identifying each person’s interests, and seeking to balance what each person needs and wants, mediation helps resolve conflicts with dignity and respect. With the help of a mediator, you frame your own solutions. No one tells you what to do; you decide.
- The mediation process is facilitated by a mediator. A mediator is a third-party neutral who helps people discuss their issues and reach unique agreements. What makes a mediator neutral is the fact that the mediator doesn’t represent the interests of either party, but rather, helps both parties find consensus. There are many options for exactly how a mediator can help people reach agreement.
- In the most traditional form of mediation, a mediator works directly with the parties to reach agreements. This is just one model for how a mediator can help you. A mediator can also work collaboratively with other professionals, including attorneys, child specialists, financial experts, and any other people who might be helpful to your particular case and needs.
- A to Z Law Erie can offer a full range of mediation services. Both A and Z are trained, skillful mediators, prepared to help you solve your issues with dignity and respect.
- Like all alternative resolution methods, mediation is faster, more amicable, and therefore more effective than seeking resolution through the formal court process.
- Mediation allows you to have control over the process and to fashion your own solutions. Mediation helps afford you privacy and cuts down on the stress of going to court. Mediation leads to healthy resolutions with less conflict.
The collaborative process begins with everyone agreeing to solve their issues without ever going to court. This process is designed to work toward resolving whatever problem(s) you may have. By relying upon professionals to facilitate negotiation to reach resolution, the collaborative process helps to solve your issues in a way that is right for you. The collaborative process relies upon a transparent and interdisciplinary approach to solving issues. This interdisciplinary approach typically involves multiple professionals, including attorneys, mental health professionals, financial experts, and child specialists if there are children involved. All of these professionals work together to help you solve your issues. You get to decide which professionals are included in the process. The process is transparent because everyone shares information openly and honestly. Believe it or not, this approach is almost always cheaper than litigation, and affords a holistic resolution process that helps everyone to heal and move forward in a healthy way.
- Benefits of the collaborative process include the fact that the entire process is driven by you, with your needs, interests, and goals in mind. The collaborative process is private, cost-effective, and respectful.
- The collaborative process helps to maintain dignity and respect among everyone involved, which leads to healthier and more functional relationships, whether in the context of family or business.
- Other Services Based Upon Your Needs
We can help you to identify all of the options available and to find the best path forward toward achieving your goals.
Collaborative mediation provides you with the best of both worlds. In collaborative mediation everyone agrees never to go to court and to solve all issues and problems through settlement. This hybrid process incorporates the benefits of the processes outlined above.
Unbundled services can include assistance with as much or as little as you need and want. A to Z Law Erie can provide individualized solutions for each issue, including helping with individual tasks as well as leading you through more formal and complex processes.
Why is alternative resolution better than litigation? Why would you want to solve your issues outside of court instead of through the formal court process?
- Do you want to communicate with a tone of respect?
- Do you want to prioritize the needs of your children?
- Do you want to co-parent effectively?
- Do you want to work cooperatively and creatively to solve problems?
- Do you want to plan for a happy and healthy future, rather than focusing on the frustration or pain of the past?
Litigation: Formal Court Process
Navigating the court system isn’t easy. Whether you’ve already found yourself in the midst of a legal matter, or you’re considering initiating the process, we are here to help you through the formal court process.
- Family Law
- Child Custody and Support
- Estate Administration
- Other Civil Matters
- Protection From Abuse (PFA)